As new Delaware lots for sale enter the market, more and more people are looking at the beautiful scenery, robust culture and long history of the state and thinking it might be the right place for them. But most of the talk about all the great fun to be had in Delaware focuses on the summer. What is there to do in fall? Plenty, as it turns out. Here’s just a small sampling of things that Home Lot Connect recommends:
1. Fall foliage – One of the absolute biggest reasons people come to Delaware in the fall is to see the fall foliage. Delaware has some of the most scenic vistas in all of the mid-Atlantic, with dramatic coastlines, ancient forests and rolling terrain. Even a simple drive through the countryside is a great way to spend an afternoon, and trails are available for both hiking and biking, including a beautiful trail from Rehoboth to Lewes.
2. Beach time – Just because summer is over doesn’t mean that the beach will lose all of its allure. Delaware beaches remain a refreshing place to visit on a cool September day, and other activities like kayaking or parasailing will keep you enjoying the area long after swimming season has ended. Plus, many of the boardwalk and beachside restaurants of Rehoboth Beach remain open and are a great place to relax. There’s nothing like sitting by a warm fire in a beachside café on a blustery autumn day.
3. Rehoboth Beach Film Society – The Film Society offers various cinematic series year-round, but as outside temperatures start to drop the idea of a night at a film screening has more and more appeal! The Society offers art films, exclusive special screenings, and “read a movie” events. And their annual film festival takes place in November!
4. Jazz Festival – The annual Rehoboth Beach Jazz Festival is one of the most anticipated events of the year and takes place mid-October. Having now gone on for 25 straight years, the Jazz Festival attracts some big names and always delivers an amazing show. This year comes with its own Jazz Fest Fashion Show, plus a daylong food fest the day before, with 14 restaurants participating.
5. Sea Witch – The Sea Witch Hallowe’en Fest & Fiddlers is without a doubt the biggest autumn event in Delaware. Held just days before Hallowe’en, the Sea Witch includes amazing fiddle music, parades, contests and spooky events. You don’t want to miss it!
Delaware’s real estate boom means there are plenty of lots for sale, but it’s not just the prices and investment value that make Delaware a good place to move. It’s also the amount of fun you’ll have when you get here. Contact Home Lot Connect today for information about the lots and area!